|Here are the unique features of WindUpKeys.
- High strength 5052 or 6061 aluminum, welded at important joints.
- Industrial quality gearmotor or stepper motor mounted inside the key's shaft (nothing bulky is mounted below the base plate).
- Drive shaft supported with extra ball bearing.
- Free-spinning versions use combination of brass bushing and ball bearing.
- Stainless steel fasteners with locking nuts and/or tamper-resistant heads.
- Thermal fuse to protect motor and circuitry in case the key gets stuck.
- Standard finish is powder coated "Quicksilver" which is similar to the finish on most alloy wheels or a "satin black."
- Designed to not require drilling holes. Some vehicles may require holes to be drilled under some piece of trim that can later be covered by stock trim.
If you would like more information of the design history click here.